Monday, April 29, 2013

My Workspace - Chimney for the Cottage

....And another thatched cottage update! Here I'm working on the chimney. I'll be able to start on the thatched roof over the next few days and then can finalllllly start to paint!

I'm using PaperClay for the chimney over the foamcore base. The shapes of the bricks are carved into the wet clay using a needle tool.

See past Thatched Cottage posts below and don't forget to follow the blog to find out more or become a fan on Facebook!

Cottage update 3

Cottage update 2

Cottage update 1



6 comments:

  1. Do you use a pre-fab paper clay, or do you make your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joni, I'm using PolyForm model air. It's working great so far. I'm using terracotta instead of white as I want a rich darker under colour before I apply matte acrylic paints.

      Delete
  2. The cottage is getting so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect for this cottage.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! Can't wait to see the finished cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable and cute, Sad to say I'm not good creating any creative art works. But then, I can appreciate art works like yours.

    chimney service

    ReplyDelete