Saturday, July 13, 2013

Magic in Minnesota

I love it when people send me photos of their miniature projects showing me how they have used the Pixie Dust Miniatures item they purchased from me.
Well... no other project made me as excited as one from a mother of two girls in Minnesota.

Many of us believed in fairies as children. I remember looking for them inside flowers in the copse behind my house in rural England. I looked for their footprints on trees and left biscuit crumbs for them to find. My paternal Grandma was more crushed when she found out that fairies were not real than when she learnt that Father Christmas (US - Santa Claus) was not real.
When I have children I certainly want to prolong the magic. It's one of the best things about childhood - being innocent to the bad things in the world... and believing in fairies.

This mother actually created fairy gardens for her gorgeous little daughters and she leaves tiny 'fairy items' for them to find! One morning in Minnesota she left for them a fairy shoe (made by Humpty Dumpty House - a dollhouse artisan also on Etsy here) and an Elixir of Life glass bottle made by me. She captured their reaction on film and you can watch it by clicking on the video link below. This will take you directly to this lady's YouTube Channel (not my YouTube Channel -which can be found here).

Enjoy the video which the mother has allowed me to share with you all. My favourite part is when one of the girls exclaims "I need to tell Daddy... I just have to! This is from a fairy!"

The girls with one of their fairy gardens...















Finding the glass bottle in the fairy garden...
















Close up on the glass bottle...

















The 'Elixir of Life' bottle - which I sell here






















Watch this magical video here...! Clicking this link will take you to YouTube.


5 comments:

  1. Oh i See the Video ... It is so beautiful. The Little fairygardens ... Ans the childrens are so happy about your Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little video. Thanks for sharing and prompting a wonderful memory of my own.
    Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. que trabajo mas bonito ...felicidades ¡¡¡...un besin

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found your glorious shop on etsy and stopped by to visit. that video! OMG it was too much! oh the cuteness, I'm gonna swoon!

    ReplyDelete